Basic Job Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to pass entry level testing and screening procedures including
basic knowledge of chosen volunteer skills area(s) and background evaluations
- Ability to successfully complete initial and ongoing training and performance requirements
- Ability to maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and comply with Agency driver record requirements
- Ability to perform critical work under pressure of emergency situations.
- Ability to work in a closely managed and paramilitary environment.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or completion of a GED
- ICS 100, 200, 700a, 802b course completion
- Successfully complete entry level testing procedures
- Experience working within a highly structured organization
- Experience in following explicit and implicit written and oral orders
- Experience in successful volunteering
- Within the first 6 months, successfully test and obtain an FCC Amateur Radio license at the Technician Class level or higher (if not already licensed)
- Skill to utilize and operate amateur radio equipment, public VHF and 800 MHz radios and systems
- Ability to communicate as an Emergency Communicator
- Must be able to read a computer screen and various reports, letters, documents, and training materials; must be able to drive personal and Agency vehicles; must be able to move about safely at the scene of an incident
- Must be able to frequently communicate, express one’s self, convey, converse, and exchange information with others
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods
- Frequent movement is necessary in an office setting, in meetings, at conferences, etc.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs; occasionally positions self to reach high/low work spaces; occasionally kneels; seldom stoops, crouches, or crawls
- Must be able to move, transport, and/or position material up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Works in an indoor office setting and outdoor weather conditions.
- Must successfully pass the Agency’s pre-hire background, interviews and drug screen
Working Conditions: Duties may require presence at certain specified locations in order to accomplish required duties. Position subject to call at any time on any day, and is responsible to make a diligent effort to arrive at the assignment in prompt, safe, and timely manner. Work environments also include station duty, classroom and field training, and home study.